Sunday, January 29, 2012

point of focus - photography from an art director's point of view


photo by Hieronymus Rosales for Digital Photography Plus
The first thing an art/photo director looks for in a photograph for editorial use is photography focus. It is the way a photograph focuses to show only what ought to be seen or how it just focuses on what’s most important.

The beauty of photography is being able to capture moments in all its minutest detail. It is one of its best assets but it can sometimes also work against it. How? It is when unwanted elements are captured that the photographer failed to notice or was not able to filter out. So how do you filter out unnecessary elements in your frame? How do you only give focus on just the important details? Here are a few ideas:

a. Reduce Clutter -
http://dpplus.blogspot.com/2012/01/point-of-focus-photography-from-art_809.html
b. Cropping -
http://dpplus.blogspot.com/2012/01/point-of-focus-photography-from-art_335.html
c. Vignetting -
http://dpplus.blogspot.com/2012/01/point-of-focus-photography-from-art_29.html
d. Selective-focusing -
http://dpplus.blogspot.com/2012/01/point-of-focus-photography-from-art.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gina.
    Sorry you have not seen me, but FB has closed me down. I can't see my page or reply to any mail I get Automatically from members. they did not like what I was saying about FB. I asked them to help me sort out a problem, they did not have the decency to correspond with me.
    So I wrote back and to many others what I thought of them.
    So there you have it from the horses mouth.
    It was only through the goodness of a friend. Who copied what was on my page. She will correspond to all for me giving my e-mail which is ggrumpy@hotmail.co.uk
    It was very sad to see the young girl
    Danny Davies foi marcado na foto de Karachi Youth.
    LAHORE: In what could simply be described as an enormous loss for Pakistan, Arfa Karim, the world's youngest Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), lost the battle of life after remaining admitted ...

    It brought me to tear's being so young.

    Well look after yourself, take care.

    Danny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was great to know that you are okay - i saw a lot of fb friends inquiring about you, too! just good that we're still connected through this site even if your fb account was frozen. and it's even better that you were able to keep some of your photos to dp+ - why not open another fb account again so you will still be connected with friends? sure miss your daily input of photos and sad about the girl who died so early in life... thanks, you take care of yourself, too! :)

      Delete

what do you think about this site/post? please don't forget to post your comments, say cheese! :)